Wednesday 2nd November is All Souls’ Day. The Solemn Mass of Requiem will be at 6:30pm. Other Requiem Masses will be at the usual times for weekdays.
INDULGENCES FOR SOULS OF THE FAITHFUL DEPARTED
On All Souls’ Day a plenary indulgence, applicable only to the Holy Souls, is granted to those who visit any parish church or public oratory and there recite the Our Father and the Creed once. Every day from 1st to 8th November inclusive, a plenary indulgence, applicable only to the Holy Souls, is granted to those who visit a cemetery and pray even if only mentally for the departed. Conditions for both indulgences:
1. Only one plenary indulgence can be granted per day.
2. It is necessary to be in the state of grace, at least by completion of the work.
3. Freedom from attachment to sin, even venial sin, is necessary; by this is meant attachment to a particular sin, not sin in general. Otherwise the indulgence is only partial.
4. Holy Communion must be received each time the indulgence is sought.
5. Prayers must he recited for the intentions of the Holy Father on each day the indulgence is sought. No particular prayers are prescribed. One Our Father and Hail Mary suffice.
6. A sacramental confession must he made within a week of completion of the prescribed work. One confession made during the week, made with the intention of gaining all the indulgences, suffices.